All drivers should practice the rules of safe driving. Here are the 10 Do’s and Don’ts of driving safety.
- Check your tires, break pads, oil level, and lights regularly.
- Pay close attention to the road; check your blind spots, and mirrors.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Respect the posted speed limits.
- Keep you children in tested, approved car seats.
- Be courteous to other drivers, and use your indicators even if there’s no one around.
- Watch out for motorcyclists, bicyclists, and make sure to give pedestrians the right-of-way.
- When driving in bad weather, keep a winter survival kit in your car.
- Respect yellow lights, and slow down.
- Pay extra attention, and be courteous when driving in parking lots.
- Never delay regular maintenance as this helps keep your car safe.
- Don’t drive when you know you can’t keep 100% focus.
- Don’t speed and be more cautious in poor conditions.
- Avoid being distracted behind the wheel, like eating, using your cell phone, or programming a GPS.
- Never drive under the influence.
- Don’t get to close to other road users. Always keep a safe distance.
- Don’t drive a car you’re not comfortable in.
- Don’t play your music so loud that you may be distracted, or miss sirens.
- Avoid road rage, that will only distract you.
- Don’t lose your patience.
Cantini Law has over 30 years of experience advocating for clients who have suffered injuries following a motor vehicle accident. With 5 locations serving NS, NB, and PEI, contact Cantini Law for a free consultation at 1-844-CANTINI (226-8464).