With school fast approaching school buses are back on the road. Buses are the safest way for students to travel to and from school, as long as other motorists on the road respect the school zone, and school bus safety rules.
Here are 5 rules for school zone safety for drivers.
1. Leave yourself extra time to travel so you don’t get impatient.
2. Slow down in school zones, or neighbourhoods around school time.
3. Expect kids to run into traffic. Be on the lookout.
4. Always stop for red flashing lights on the school bus.
5. Give yourself lots of room behind a school bus.
It is up to everyone to ensure the safety of students.
Cantini Law Group has over 30 years of experience advocating for clients who have suffered injuries following a motor vehicle accident. With 5 locations serving NS, NB, and PEI, contact Cantini Law for a free consultation at 1-844-CANTINI (226-8464).