October 31st is a thrilling night for many. In the excitement of trick-or-treating, it’s easy to forget about important safety precautions.
Here are 5 tips you can follow to keep your children safe on Halloween night.
1. Replace your child’s mask with makeup to make sure that they have a clear, unobstructed view of their surroundings.
2. Avoid dark coloured costumes as drivers may have trouble seeing them. If possible, choose brighter colours and add reflective tape. As well, write your child’s name, number, and address on the inside of his/her costume.
3. Accompany your child during trick or treating. If they are old enough, make sure they are traveling with a responsible group of 3 or more.
4. Teach your children to watch for cars, stay on sidewalks, and to stay on the planned route. They should put their electronics down when crossing the street, and make eye contact with the driver before crossing the road.
5. Tell them to only get candy at the door, and to never go on anyone’s house, and only visit houses with the porch lights on.
Cantini Law Group has over 30 years of experience advocating for clients who have suffered injuries following a motor vehicle accident. With 5 locations serving NS, NB, and PEI, contact Cantini for a free consultation at 1-844-CANTINI (226-8464).